25th September 2016. The day of my one-way flight to Sydney NSW, upon reactivation of both our Permanent Residency in Australia. Our last dinner together before the verrrry long separation was at Starbucks Changi. I then took a rather empty flight arriving in Sydney Monday morning and proceeded to stay at an Airbnb rental in Campsie.
I didn't know what to expect when I booked the room, only that it has a huge bed and enough space, unlike the closets we get in Singapore. The host looks like Asian and the place looks clean. I have never been to Campsie even when I was a student here many years back.
So count my lucky stars, I shall list my good fortune in bullet form:
- Campsie is larger than I imagined, with A LOT of Asians (Koreans, Malaysian, Nepalese) and Asian shops around the town area within 10 minutes walk from my place.
- My rental host is a Malaysian couple and have relocated here a few years back
- The room is indeed clean and big, in a way bigger house
- Sydney trains have cleaned up nicely and are using the Opal cards which can be reloaded, instead of the paper 10-ride tickets back in the days I was here
- I had a yummy first meal here at a restaurant called 'Golden Shine' and for A$10+, I get hot tea, seaweed and pork soup, and chicken and eggplant rice (which I had to take back for my dinner because I just couldn't finish in one go)
- It was cold but luckily my landlady had a spare heater I have been using since
- Smooth meeting with a company here which was arranged 3 weeks back with the Head of People
So far everything has been smooth. Will continue pushing my luck and being thankful for all that has happened thus far.
No comments:
Post a Comment