December 12, 2015. What started off two months ago as a wacky idea has today launched its own website: www.MadeInNatureGifts.com.
I came upon the idea of selling flowers similar to FarmGirl flowers while reading their article in Forbes. While we do not have flower farms for commercial purposes in land scarce Singapore, the idea that flowers that are natural and fresh and not smothered with plush toys, fake sprays or plastics has a definite appeal and I'm sure I'm not alone in Singapore on this. So for the past weekends since I have been buying flowers and testing my skills.
Then the bottleneck came when we were trying to build our own website. My CIO (a title I sort of forced upon my Better Half, guilty!) and I got stuck as we are both not super programmers. It was WIX that saved the day, no pesky plugins or add-ons required. Drag and drop and really cool images that made our site looked so professional.
At the same time, I also saw in an article reminding us of the Baby Box in Finland (first time we came across this was actually in Helsinki, but more on the country later) and thought why not? It's not available in Singapore. To my delight, I bounced the idea with my family, especially my younger brother who had just had a super-cute baby boy, said this would definitely solve the problem for clueless new dads like him! Confidence boost! Shop away! It's now or never!
We managed to lock it in when it looks decent enough to launch today. At the same time we have also boost our Facebook page at 7 bucks a day. Not bad, 4 new likes since 6 hours ago. I do have a couple more ideas that I will hope to incorporate into the business but let's take it one step at a time huh. For now I am only hoping that some of the 'Likes' will translate to actual purchases.
Wish me luck.
Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment